Gays: Not only sexful but Successful too

Last year, one of my friend from US, introduced me to one of his friends in Delhi, whom i spoke . there was one comment which is still fresh in my mind.

He said " Mostly gay guys are unsuccessful in life" and he wants to be associated with only successful guys . Frankly I didn't like this comment... Unfortunately, we didnt clicked even as friends as today we are not in touch at all.

I am sure he must be successful in his field. And fortunately, i am also successful in my own field. But I really thought about this comment, many times. And felt some truth in his saying. Actually, i would like to portray this fact in a different light.

Most of the gay guys, are emotionally weak. They want some anchor for their life, irrespective of personal or professional. I have also met so many people, who want me to help them professionally. And i always try helping them, as much as i can. Even as write now i am writing, there is one of the guy who is chatting with me on yahoo, and wants help in getting him a job. He is 30 years old jobless person.

By the way, this topic of success came into my mind, when today i met one of my friend. I met him around two and a half years back. Thought of him as a guy with lots of attitude, till the time i met him. On and off.. we have been in touch. He moved out of delhi, but we were in touch. then he came back and still we are in touch.

Today i met him for five minutes, , and boy.. i got so much positive vibes from him.

He is only 21 years old. Only 5'4". 55 Kgs, He used to look like a typical gay guy earlier...

But today when i have seen him, i find a completely different man. He has gained a few kilos, looking a little more intelligent and he was oozzing out so much positive energy. After all, he is heading complete branch office of a big educational chain. He must be earning around 7 figures salary at such an age. He is damn confident. And he can talk to you on any subject..

He was telling me, how his students respect him and want to study from him only. And yes they address him as SIR... I was thinking, how 16-17 yrs olds, - many of them taller and looking more mature than him - address him sir. But the respect is earned by prooving yourself by doing good work and not only by your looks...

I adore you my dear friend. I respect your attitude, and i wish you move ahead.. I wish there are many more gay guys who become successful in their own field.. so that they can help others too.

2 comments:

came across ur blog...good stuff
though, coming to this blog post, I don't think that gay guys are not successful...as u have already mentioned somewhere, most of them end up getting married and lead a pretty 'normal' life for the exterior world, so their success doesn't get colored in 'pink'..besides, the whole point of gay being emotionally weak is a sham..I can understand if you say they are insecure, but it takes a lot to defy the normalcy of straight life in our society and stand up and follow one's convictions. It is often believed that gays are more aware of their feminine side, and women being emotionally stronger to men, will adduce that gay are at least stronger than men ( though, i don;t believe in any gender/ sexual stereotype at all)
secondly, why is every success and failure associated with someone's sexuality/gender or some such thing..one becomes successful because they have intelligence, enterprise, attitude and a hunger to win..not because who they sleep with..

now, as you might have discovered i have strong opinions ( not opinionated ;) )..i have a thing to say about the person you mentioned..( though, i think you have not mentioned or perhaps deliberately chosen to ignore the most interesting aspect of his "stats"). Though, I am really fond of the 'boy', what startles me is the fact how many people misperceive good communication skills with aptitude or confidence, like you did. he definitely is full of energy and so forth.. but he's a big name dropper, which to me is the most off putting thing, not to mention his affected manners..

I agree with you :)

Most of them are emotional guys...but thats ok...

I feel my blood getting hotter when i meet few such attitude filled assholes. I donno but so much attitude they have... They must respect others and their feelings..shudnt they? There was a guy whom i had been calling/chatting from last one year..Kind of he became a good friend of mine...i told i have feelings and all..he said, he thought of me as just a frnd...i said ok and controlled myself...but when i look back...i see that it was only me who was calling/chatting/thinking and all to him and not many no-reason calls i received from him...nowadays he doesn't even bothers to call/text in reply to my calls/text....disgusting...feel like killing them right away but again the soft corner of mine doesn't allows me that feeling to grow any longer :)

Was i wrong anywhere?

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

 

Diary of a gay guy | enjoy yagging and being gay